ClareIvatt.com is owned by Excelsior Information Systems Ltd – a limited
company registered in the UK.
If you need to contact us about privacy, please see our Contact Us page where you will find full contact details and our Email Contact Form.
Our servers note non-personally identifying details such as, but not limited to, the operating system you use, the type of browser you use, and your IP address. We use this information (usually in aggregate) to help diagnose problems with our server, to administer our web site, and in aggregate to gather broad demographic and system information to allow us to design our site to appear correctly on the various desktop and mobile systems our readers use.
No matter where you are in the world, we are committed to respecting your privacy and doing the right thing.
But if you are an EU citizen you have 8 rights under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR):
- The right to be informed. This page will tell you what personal data we process, why, and how it is used.
- The right of access. You have a right to see what personal data we hold about you.
- The right to rectification. You have a right to have incorrect personal data corrected.
- The right to erasure. In some circumstances, you can request your personal data be deleted.
- The right to restrict processing. You can ask for a temporary stop to the processing of personal data.
- The right to data portability. You can request your data to be provided in a commonly used machine-readable format.
- The right to object. You can object to the processing of data that is not consistent with the purpose for which it was collected.
- Rights related to automated decision making. You have the right not to have decisions made automatically without human oversight.
Cookies and Web Beacons (“Pixels”)
Cookies and Web Beacons are used by ClareIvatt.com and companies who serve advertising on our site to improve your web browsing experience. When you are first served an ad, we may assign a unique random number to your computer browser – commonly known as a “cookie.” We do this to understand the way a user responds to the ads we deliver. For example, this number lets us keep track of how many times you have seen a particular ad. Therefore, the cookie can help make sure you do not see the same ad over and over – thus enhancing your online web viewing experience.
We use third-party advertising companies to serve ads when you visit our website. These companies may use information (not including your name, address, email address or telephone number) about your visits to this and other websites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services of interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and would like to know your options in relation to not having this information used by these companies, click here.
We will not disclose your data to others except in the following circumstances:
- With your consent
- To authorized service providers providing or supporting the functionality of our website and services. e.g. hosting, surveys, contests, business and marketing consultancy, support and analytics.
- To our business partners making offers or promotions on our website that you choose to engage with.
- As part of a major corporate transaction such as the sale of the business, merger or similar.
- As required by law – to comply with court orders or what we believe to be the legitimate requests of law enforcement agencies. To investigate and prevent criminal activity and defend our rights and property.
How We Use Data
Data is used to allow us to provide information and services and to administer your account. The legal basis for this use is Performance of Contract.
Data is used to track our marketing and advertising activities, to personalise advertising you see and to track its effectiveness. Also to track competitions, surveys etc. The legal basis for this use is the balancing of interests where we are pursuing the legitimate interest of conducting marketing activities.
Data is used to detect and prevent criminal activity or damage to our systems or any threat to our property or rights. The legal basis for this is pursuing the legitimate interest of investigating criminal activity or threats against our interests.
Data is used to comply with our legal obligations.
When you subscribe to our email newsletter, we will send you information, tips and updates about this website and the products and services we offer.
All our emails comply with the relevant laws on spam, and they contain a link so you can unsubscribe at any time. We will not share, sell, rent or lease your email address.
We contract with Teachable, Inc to provide services which allow us to sell and deliver online courses.
When you enrol in one of our courses hosted by Teachable, they will provide us with the following information about you:
- Email Address
- IP Address
- Course You Enrolled In
ClareIvatt.com contains many links to external sites operated by third parties. We have no control over those sites and are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of third-party sites.
Exercising Your Rights
You can unsubscribe from our Email Newsletter at any time using the link provided.